I'm wishing...

Posted by Noel R.N. at Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday, October 31, 2009


It is exactly 55 days before Christmas and soon the spooky decorations of Halloween will be replaced with the frenetic mood of the Yuletide season.

Just as the vibrant mood of Christmas will inch its way to every aspect of human activity. Coffee drinking won't be spared either.

Starbucks Coffee in the Philippines will be bringing in the Christmas season with the 'Permission to Wish' campaign starting November 4.

Coffee junkies like me will be having their fill of the festive beverages that will be available. These include Peppermint Mocha, Toffee Nut Latte, and my personal favorite Dark Cherry Mocha.


I fell in love with Dark Cherry Mocha last year and I had my heart's share whether it be a hot or cold beverage. I was disappointed when it was gone after Christmas. I even e-mailed Rustans Coffee Corporation, which holds the exclusive Philippine Starbucks Coffee franchise, about getting it on the regular line-up. I got a response that my plea was duly noted. It didn't make the cut in the regular menu but I'm just as happy that it will be back.


I was really intrigued by the 'Permission to Wish' so I asked my barista friends about it. They were mum about the idea that I started to consult Lord Google. Thanks to the Starbucks Coffee Singapore website and now we can sure get a glimpse of what COULD be in store (pun intended) when November 4 comes.


Starbucks Coffee Singapore has launched their campaign today starting with their 'Say The Magic Words' Promo (from 31st Oct 2009 to 1st Nov 2009) which entitles complimentary tall-sized Starbucks festive beverages for the first 50 customers per day per store. They also have the 'A Taste For Every Wish' where customers can order Starbucks' whole cakes like 'Coffee & Chocolate Log Cake', 'New York Cheesecake' and 'Oreo Cheesecake'.

Starbucks Coffee Singapore and Philippines are part of the Asia-Pacific market. I can only surmise that they may share the same offering. I just wish the Howard Shultz franchise here will.

Methinks that, as the adage says, it's just a tip of the iceberg or shall I say, tip of the whipped cream of surprises for everybody at Starbucks Coffee.

So on November 4, "Say The Magic Words: Can I have my permission to wish?"

(Images courtesy of Starbucks Coffee Singapore)

0 comments:

Generated image