I'm a Gleek!!!

Posted by Noel R.N. at Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday, October 15, 2009


I have joined minions who have been heralding this more than a month-old television series from the United States. 'Glee' tells the story of a struggling high school glee club in Ohio which hopes of competing in the nationals.

But how can they do that with members who thinks she is a diva; a football player who can sing but dance awkwardly; a wheelchair bound guitar player and singer; an American African girl who thinks she's Beyonce and not Kelly Rowland; a bashful Asian; a gay football kicker; and a glee club moderator who wants to relive the glory days?

Throw in the bitches of the Cheerios headed by a publicity hungry coach, a stingy principal, an obsessive-complusive guidance counselor, and a football coach who is the only one who can operate the school's shredding machine and then, spin a couple of cover versions and dash of good 'ol choreography and what do you have? A High School Musical Zach-arrine free, Grease-induced weekly television spectacle that is GLEE.

'Glee' started airing last September in the US and has also made its way into the Philippines via ETC channel on free TV every Tuesday nights or on Jack TV on cable. I get the new episodes every week from torrent because the ones shown on Philippine television are two episodes behind.

I'm a Gleek and what I love about the show are the cover versions of songs like "No Air", "Take A Bow", "It's My Life" and "Don't Stop Believing." One would think that their glee clubs should have sang contemporary songs and gave a twist in their own versions back then.

Okay. I need to download episode 7 (Throwdown) and I hope I can find someone who can make me a shirt like the one shown here.

0 comments:

Generated image