My Little Black Box

Posted by Noel R.N. at Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday, September 19, 2009


Don't entrust your life in a box.

I was copying files for my brother who has been bugging me for his 'Nurse Jackie' and movies fix for months. Yesterday, I got a chance to visit him after my 'pilgrimage' to the annual book fair at the SMX Convention Center.

So I began copying the gigabytes of files from my Maxtor 500GB Desktop Basic to his PC when things went haywire and before I knew it, my external hard drive failed to autorun and voila...all my 400 plus GB of files are all gone.

My mp3 files for iTunes, the avi files of all the TV series I've been addicted to and the movies I have yet to watch in the next few days are gone. Nada. Waaahhhh!! It was life gone into oblivion.

Now, I'm still in the denial stage and still trying to bargain if I can salvage the data lost through softwares available in the web that can hopefully resurrect my files. I just hope it works and that would give some glimmer of hope. If it doesn't then I learned my lesson the hard way. Backup...backup...backup.

I realized that you should not entrust your life in a box 'cause you'll never know what it can get you to.

0 comments:

Generated image