IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Posted by Noel R.N. at Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday, September 20, 2009


Just as I thought that the 386 GB of files on my Maxtor Basic Desktop 500GB external hard drive has finally succumb to bytes heaven, I got hold of a data Messiah that has resuscitated my files back to life.

I was in near panic and desperation already and I was thinking of accepting the fact that I need to borrow and copy files again from my friends and download torrent files. But I was in denial and I knew that there must be someway to retrieve those files. I guess I have seen too much films and TV series which showed successful resuscitation of deleted or even burned file media (i.e. floppy drives) . I knew there must be a file data recovery software somewhere.

Off I explored the internet and found Recuva. I installed the program and followed the instructions. But I was disappointed with this program because it took so long to scan the NFTS files and drives. So I gave up on it.

My cousin suggested that I check out downloads.com and I found Power Data Recovery. I installed the program and painstakingly waited for the scan. When it was finished, I previewed the recovered files and there I saw hidden under the rubble of folders are my treasured files. Oh what a relief! I was just thankful that the files are still intact. Thank you Power Data Recovery!

Right now, I'm reformatting my Maxtor external hard drive after I copied the recovered files into my brother's external hard drive. Then after the formatting is done, I need to copy the files from his hard drive to my little black box. Tedious process and I ain't complaining. I'm just glad that my files are still there.

My life is back and we're back.

0 comments:

Generated image